OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T11:12:35+00:00

    Many thanks for this - same problem on iPad Pro M4 running iOS 18.3.2 and rotating to portrait seems to solve the problem. Not really a viable workaround given like many others I use my iPad as an alternative to a laptop when travelling almost always in landscape format with a keyboard.

    I hope MS can come up with a fix soon as completely unusable at present.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T02:56:28+00:00

    I’ve replicated exactly when it happens across my iPads (18.3.2).

    PowerPoint freezes after pasting. Seemingly, I can add or delete text, images, move objects around but then it freezes after pasting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T02:36:55+00:00

    On iPad Pro 13” M4 (18.3.2). I also have an issue with PowerPoint files that are stored in OneDrive / SharePoint locations. I can start working on them but after a minute or so, it freezes up completely and I have to close the app, or I switch to another app and it automatically refreshes back to default screen when you first open the app. Same thing happens on my iPad Mini 6 and iPad Pro 11” (2020) - all are on 18.3.2. No issue on iOS, Desktop or web.

    Same thing happens in OneDrive app where it freezes after a couple minutes and I need to close the window, or switch app, switch back and it auto opens to default opening screen.

    No issues open OneDrive files in the Excel app or Word App. I think it’s an iPadOS 18.3.2 issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T00:40:48+00:00

    for me it is crashing in portrait mode, but rotating to landscape helped! as soon as I rotate it to portrait it crashes

    ipad pro M4

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T18:44:12+00:00

    thats the workaround - thank you so much. hope MS fixes this problem ASAP...

    my device is a ipad pro 13" M4

    Me too, I am using an iPad Pro 13 inch M4. Attached some logs of it from the Console. Seems this bug is exclusively for this model.

    I have to flip between portrait and landscape when reading different PDFs. Better than none but it is really annoying. Really hope Microsoft can fix it ASAP and perform adequate system tests before releasing their software.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments