OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T13:44:12+00:00

    Very stupid and irresponsible replies from Microsoft I said in my mail that the iPad OS version of OneDrive app is having issues, and the staff keeps asking to send him a screenshot and tells me the procedures on iOS (and in other reply, Safari!) I asked him to check this thread for the screenshot I posted and all the replies about the iPad Pro M4 13-inch model, but I wonder if the guy knows how to read.

    Sigh, I shall think about getting used to OpenOffice or Google sheet and Dropbox and stop the subscription, if the service is like that.


    I completely understand how frustrating this situation must be for you, and I truly appreciate your patience. Your concerns are important to us, and we're here to support you every step of the way.

    To investigate further,

    1. Kindly provide a visual representation (screenshot or screen recording) of the issue.

    In the meantime please follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps,

    Here are some basic troubleshooting steps for OneDrive on iOS:

    1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your device is connected to a stable internet network.
    2. Restart the App: Close the OneDrive app completely and reopen it.
    3. Update the App: Check for updates in the App Store to ensure you're using the latest version.
    4. Clear Cache: Go to your device settings, find the OneDrive app, and clear its cache.
    5. Check Storage Space: Ensure you have enough storage space on both your device and your OneDrive account.
    6. Sign Out and Sign Back In: Log out of your OneDrive account and then log back in.
    7. Reinstall the App: If issues persist, uninstall and reinstall the OneDrive app.
    8. Reset the App: In the app settings, you can reset OneDrive to its default state (this won't delete your files but will require re-syncing).
    9. Enable Background App Refresh: Ensure that OneDrive is allowed to refresh in the background via your device settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T23:13:01+00:00

    I have the same problem with my iPad Pro 13 (iOS 18.3.2). Even with the workaround some folders are still empty. No problem on other devices so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T22:58:45+00:00

    Me too to everyone’s response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T22:56:31+00:00

    Exactly the same issue as I have my friend. Next, they’ll ask if the device is turned on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T20:09:36+00:00

    Me too - dead in the water

    iPad Pro 13" M4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments