OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T00:16:55+00:00

    I tried all that, several times. The only thing that worked (since all the previously mentioned configurations/a settings are met) is to rotate the iPad.

    Isn't this 2025???? Issues like that should've been dealt with back in the 90s.

    No, in the 90s iPad did not exist. (wry smile)

    The only possibility of this issue I can think of is that they didn't test properly on the 13-inch iPad (and I wonder if they just skipped system tests on 13-inch iPad), if 11-inch and iPhone versions are OK. The efficiency and the quality of replies are just horrible...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T19:22:46+00:00

    Have you tried Jason's trick with closing off the app, then reopening in Landscape mode?

    Ys, really, it actually works, pathetic as the case may be.

    Good luck, I know very well the frustration!!! I spent days trying to solve it, but as the old saying goes; "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" is what it drives people to with this type of issue.

    We've come to expect that when you rotate a device, the software.....................................just should work........................HOWEVER, in this case ???????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T18:27:28+00:00

    Exactly, this worked!! WOOWWWWWWW, is that lazy, inept programming or what?????? This is an issue I thought we left behind in the 90s.

    Thanks for the simple answer. NOW, how many years will it be till the app is actually updated to include the rotation of a device?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T18:25:17+00:00

    I tried all that, several times. The only thing that worked (since all the previously mentioned configurations/a settings are met) is to rotate the iPad.

    Isn't this 2025???? Issues like that should've been dealt with back in the 90s.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T16:49:43+00:00

    This may sound crazy… close the app, rotate iPad into portrait mode, then reopen the app. All my files showed up. If I open again in landscape the files are gone.

    Yes it sounded crazy but it actually worked! I have spent at least 6-8 hours troubleshooting this issue and the rotation trick worked immediately!

    Thank you very much for the crazy suggestion!

    Verified working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments