OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-28T14:55:25+00:00

    Great idea however when I did that this morning after reading still had to rotate the ipad even in the files app and it crashed when in landscape. Only when I signed in on portrait mode did it work. And after that I was able to use it so far and it is a great workaround. Just remember when in the files app to sign in in portrait or play with it at first and now it seems fine accessing onedrive in the files app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-28T12:25:32+00:00

    Yes, although I found you can’t do the one thing that is sometimes required, choose the ‘keep offline’ choice. Rather you have to now go the drag and drop to copy.

    Tech is supposed to make things easier, not bung up the day with ****apps that can only perform part of what we need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-28T08:24:34+00:00

    Another Workaround: you can use the OneDrive-integration in apple's file browser. As long as the OneDrive-app is installed (and you're logged in to MS365), you can access your OneDrive-files within the ios Files-app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T16:11:15+00:00

    YUP!! Look behind the sofa. They're probably hiding back there because, from my vast experience with them, they may not have read and comprehended your question. Therefore.....................is your device turned on? Try uninstalling and reinstalling for the 12th time ekacetera ekacetera.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T04:23:54+00:00

    Agreed. I have the exact same issue. Installed and reinstalled about 10 times now. Had my IT guy open a ticket for Microsoft and no response for the last 2 days. What in the literal hell is going on?

    Same here. The guy just told me the same pointless procedures again and again and again......
    In the latest reply he even asked me to create another ticket from the iPad in question so as to retrieve the log files.
    (Do it yourself! Ask your testing team to try it on a 13-inch iPad, run the app and get the logs)

    Really incompetent. Both MS's support desk and testing teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments