OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T18:44:12+00:00

    thats the workaround - thank you so much. hope MS fixes this problem ASAP...

    my device is a ipad pro 13" M4

    Me too, I am using an iPad Pro 13 inch M4. Attached some logs of it from the Console. Seems this bug is exclusively for this model.

    I have to flip between portrait and landscape when reading different PDFs. Better than none but it is really annoying. Really hope Microsoft can fix it ASAP and perform adequate system tests before releasing their software.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T00:40:48+00:00

    for me it is crashing in portrait mode, but rotating to landscape helped! as soon as I rotate it to portrait it crashes

    ipad pro M4

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T15:06:36+00:00

    I have the same probelem, nothing works so moving all my stuff to iCloud via desktop so I don’t have to use OneDrive in future, fed up with ut

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T02:36:55+00:00

    On iPad Pro 13” M4 (18.3.2). I also have an issue with PowerPoint files that are stored in OneDrive / SharePoint locations. I can start working on them but after a minute or so, it freezes up completely and I have to close the app, or I switch to another app and it automatically refreshes back to default screen when you first open the app. Same thing happens on my iPad Mini 6 and iPad Pro 11” (2020) - all are on 18.3.2. No issue on iOS, Desktop or web.

    Same thing happens in OneDrive app where it freezes after a couple minutes and I need to close the window, or switch app, switch back and it auto opens to default opening screen.

    No issues open OneDrive files in the Excel app or Word App. I think it’s an iPadOS 18.3.2 issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T05:05:24+00:00

    Dear Rastorga,

    Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate the details you've provided. Since you've already tried reinstalling the app and signing into different accounts, let's try the following additional troubleshooting steps:

    Force Quit and Restart:

    • Close the OneDrive app completely (swipe up from the bottom of the screen and swipe OneDrive off the list).
    • Restart your iPad and then try opening the app again.

    Check for Any Pending App Updates:

    • Open the App Store, go to your profile icon, and check if there's an update available for OneDrive.

    Try Using a Different Internet Connection:

    • If possible, switch to a different Wi-Fi network or try using cellular data to see if the issue persists.

    Check for iOS Background App Refresh Settings:

    • Go to Settings > OneDrive, ensure Background App Refresh is enabled.

    Test on a Different iPad (if available):

    • If you have access to another iPad, try signing in there to check if the issue is specific to your device.

    **Contact Support:**If none of these steps work, it might be a good idea to contact Microsoft Support directly. They can provide more specific troubleshooting steps and escalate the issue if necessary.

    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and any disruption this may have caused.

    To create a support ticket, you need to have admin privileges. If you are the Microsoft 365 admin of your organization, you can sign in to Microsoft 365 admin center with your Microsoft 365 admin account, and select Support > Help and support, enter your question and select Contact support. Otherwise, please refer to How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin?

    Thank you for your time and patience, we hope you have a great day!

    Best Regards,

    Community Moderator | Sophia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments