I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?

Anonymous
2025-03-08T11:09:38+00:00

I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-06T16:34:42+00:00

    Hi Keith

    Please find in the link an updated version of the PQ solution to your problem

    Let's arrange another video call this week. Please follow my messages on TEAMS.

    Archived Database-BBRC Power Query solution by JeovanyCV-OK.xlsx

    Regards

    Jeovany

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T15:56:03+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    Have made some progress and the pre 1950 sheet is good, and now I am working on the The Records sheet having copied in our latest version, however in trying to carry on correcting the Age/Sex column into two new columns called Age and Sex I'm am getting a number of error messages. I have also added some more age terminology in and I think it is not recognising these even after I have refreshed which sends out a load of error messages.

    Can you help, please?

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T16:38:04+00:00

    Hi Keith

    Welcome back.

    Please, upload the latest file version, with all the amendments you mentioned above for me to check.

    Regards

    Jeovany

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T17:20:43+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    Here is the link Archived Database-BBRC Power Query solution by JeovanyCV-OK.xlsx

    Also, in the pre 1950 sheet under Period it is answering with a zero for all records in the 1800s. I know dates before 1900 are a problem. Also where is the table for the period with dates for each third of a month in 36 parts. Is it stored behind the scenes?

    I have changed all the BTO codes and the Serial numbers for each species so they all should be correct across al sheets.

    My boss does not seem to grasp that the Age and Sex columns and the Progress columns are the ones that need most attention.

    With the Ages column I have just tried to edit (numbers) from the Age of the species but it is not recognising it and throwing up a host of error messages.

    Thanks in anticipation.

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-19T08:18:20+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    Forgot to say that the zero's should answer one in the period column.

    Also, when you entered the BTO Code in the species name does not alter (various sheets).

    Will you be able to fill the species by year totals in the Species-Count sheet, which also had a column titled Birds to 1949, which listed all the records prior to 1950. Any chance that can be added ack in.

    We will be tidying up the progress column and Ages sexes columns.

    Last question: How did you manage to renumber all the records in the first column?

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments