I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?

Anonymous
2025-03-08T11:09:38+00:00

I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-17T06:54:38+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    I think OK same is not the problem! I have typed in AI in cell E2 on the stats sheet and it returns a total of 64. This is wrong it should be 80.

    In the pre 1950 sheet if you select Alpine Swift (col Q) and select OK (col C) you will see that the following Rows 297, 305. 317, 320, 330, 341, 346 & 347 all have totals with more than one in and if you take one from each of these rows you will have 16, which is the difference, so it is still not counting records with more than one in the Count column.

    Its the same in The Records sheet when you select Alpine Swift and OK and auto-sum it gives a total of 486 which is not what the stats sheet displays.

    I am working to trim down the progress column along with many things but believe that the stats are really important to have correct.

    So, I would be very grateful if you could resolve this, please.

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T22:36:21+00:00

    Hi Keith

    The file in the link has the formula corrections based on your new logic requirements.

    Archived Database-BBRC (Jeovany Fix 16-03-2025).xlsx

    Due to the scale of the project and your goals, (to save some time in Q&As), please, consider having a video chat meeting, let's say on Thursday 20th March, at 7:00 pm (19:00) London local time.

    If you agree, I'll send you the link to the meeting close to the scheduled time.

    Regards

    Jeovany

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T10:02:18+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    That is an excellent idea and I will be available for the meeting at 19:00 London time Thursday 20 March 2025

    Many thanks for taking the time.

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T13:05:54+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    That is an excellent idea and I will be available for the meeting at 19:00 London time Thursday 20 March 2025

    Many thanks for taking the time.

    Regards

    Keith

    Hi Keith

    Here is the link
    Birds National Database-Excel Forum
    Thursday 20 March 2025
    19:00 - 20:00 (GMT)

    Meeting link: Birds National Database-Excel Forum | Microsoft Teams | Meetup-Join

    Regards

    Jeovany

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T18:45:40+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    It was great to meet you the other day!

    Just to reiterate some of the things that need to be done:

    Split the Age/Sex into two columns, sex on the right in all 3 sheets (The Records, pre 1950, Misc), also in the same three sheets add a Description column after Photo and it should be under the Q column now.

    With these same 3 sheets it would be great to have the following columns (Year, Month, Period, Stay and Where) automated from the info in the date columns and the where info would have to be picked from the Region column in the Counties & stats sheet.

    The left hand table in that sheet with the Code, Name and Region should be kept for reference use. Some extra joint counties will need to be added, by this I mean a locality that is on the border of two counties, but I think I can add them in later.

    Regarding the stats, the output info would need to cover some of the things that it already covers.

    Many thanks for all your hard work in helping us.

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments