I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?

Anonymous
2025-03-08T11:09:38+00:00

I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T05:56:24+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    1. Record 67212 is in the pre 1950 sheet (2nd one)

    and that is where column D should get its data from.

    1. ="1950-"&YEAR(TODAY())

    Can that be amended to read currently 1950-2023 please, then it adds the year in the new year.

    1. As you did The Records sheet in pale blue alternate rows, would it be possible to use the Format Orange medium 7 to give alternate coloured rows. But their is a problem in that the dragging handle is in cell CH434 in the Species & Stats sheet and I can't get rid of it to start again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T19:53:44+00:00

    On the other hand

    I'm agree with Andrea's comments on using Power Query to create all the tables for the Stats sheet. (No formulas, no VBA codes).

    Jeovany

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T19:31:22+00:00

    Hi Keith

    1. Cell D4=0 because the record 67212 does not exist in the "The Records" sheet which is the table the formulas take the information from.

    So you need to copy that info into the Records Table. And check for others possible missing records.

    1. You may use the following formula for making the headers in column K,L change according to the current year.

    ="1950-"&YEAR(TODAY())

    1. The 3rd question I don't understand what you mean,

    Could you please give more details, add some pictures to illustrate the problem?

    Regards

    Jeovany

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T18:50:48+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    Would you be so kind as to format the Species & Stats sheet in Orange Medium 7 for me please as I have had great difficulty in doing it. You will find the little chevron in cell CH434 that I can't seem to get rid off.

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T14:55:52+00:00

    Hi Jeovany

    Many thanks for achieving this, much appreciated.

    In the "Counties & 1-sp stats" sheet column D should be recording one in D4 (see record 67212 in "pre 1950" sheet.

    Columns K & L headers should alter each year, eg. 1950-2023 (K) and 2024 (L); is this done manually? Also the other headers would all need to be the same period as in 1950-2023 currently - would this data keep changing as the length of the period extends?

    In Cell 094 is it OK to change this header 1950-2014 each progressive year manually to be current.

    Another question is the question of adding possibly 4/5 extra counties (dual counties like row 14, 18, 40, 45, etc). How easy would it be and does it upset the calculations?

    Regards

    Keith

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments