A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Hi Keith
Welcome back.
Please, upload the latest file version, with all the amendments you mentioned above for me to check.
Regards
Jeovany
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a 7 sheet excel national d/base with the 4th sheet working out all the stats and therein lies the problem. Lots of links have been broken. Is there a person I can send it to?
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Keith
Welcome back.
Please, upload the latest file version, with all the amendments you mentioned above for me to check.
Regards
Jeovany
Hi Jeovany
Have made some progress and the pre 1950 sheet is good, and now I am working on the The Records sheet having copied in our latest version, however in trying to carry on correcting the Age/Sex column into two new columns called Age and Sex I'm am getting a number of error messages. I have also added some more age terminology in and I think it is not recognising these even after I have refreshed which sends out a load of error messages.
Can you help, please?
Regards
Keith
Hi Keith
Please find in the link an updated version of the PQ solution to your problem
Let's arrange another video call this week. Please follow my messages on TEAMS.
Archived Database-BBRC Power Query solution by JeovanyCV-OK.xlsx
Regards
Jeovany
Hi Jeovany
It was great to meet you the other day!
Just to reiterate some of the things that need to be done:
Split the Age/Sex into two columns, sex on the right in all 3 sheets (The Records, pre 1950, Misc), also in the same three sheets add a Description column after Photo and it should be under the Q column now.
With these same 3 sheets it would be great to have the following columns (Year, Month, Period, Stay and Where) automated from the info in the date columns and the where info would have to be picked from the Region column in the Counties & stats sheet.
The left hand table in that sheet with the Code, Name and Region should be kept for reference use. Some extra joint counties will need to be added, by this I mean a locality that is on the border of two counties, but I think I can add them in later.
Regarding the stats, the output info would need to cover some of the things that it already covers.
Many thanks for all your hard work in helping us.
Regards
Keith
Hi Jeovany
That is an excellent idea and I will be available for the meeting at 19:00 London time Thursday 20 March 2025
Many thanks for taking the time.
Regards
Keith
Hi Keith
Here is the link
Birds National Database-Excel Forum
Thursday 20 March 2025
19:00 - 20:00 (GMT)
Meeting link: Birds National Database-Excel Forum | Microsoft Teams | Meetup-Join
Regards
Jeovany