How do I deactivate copilot in Word for the Mac?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T08:34:09+00:00

I have problems deactivating the copilot in Word on my MacBook Pro (actually it should be deactivated from PowerPoint and Excel too). I tried to follow tutorials but it seems like i dont have the possibility in my Word settings.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T07:31:23+00:00

    According to several posts the version I am using has the option to disenage. But I dont. So some people have it, some don't. The problem is not the version but something else. Microsoft refuses to tell us. Why"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T00:11:40+00:00

    Zenobia.Z

    Thank you for helping with this issue - it is EXTREMELY frustrating! With your help I can at least work now.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T07:28:28+00:00

    I want to get rid of Copilot and MS now tells me to go back to an earlier version of Word. If I replace my current version with an earlier version, will I lose any other formatting etc based on the current version? And if/when MS decides to make Copilot optional for Mac users, ho w will I know, except by checking this forum every day?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Charles Kenyon 171K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-02-11T23:15:25+00:00

    Information from other users is that the option is available in the latest releases of the desktop application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2025-02-14T16:31:48+00:00

    Various options to control Copilot are available to some users having certain licenses. I don't see any of those options with my enterprise license.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments