How do I deactivate copilot in Word for the Mac?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T08:34:09+00:00

I have problems deactivating the copilot in Word on my MacBook Pro (actually it should be deactivated from PowerPoint and Excel too). I tried to follow tutorials but it seems like i dont have the possibility in my Word settings.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T17:30:36+00:00

    I just updated to Microsoft Word for Mac 16.93 (25011212) to see if the Copilot icon was now available in Authoring and Proofing tools, and it is not there for me - same as molly_44 see attached screen shots . Are you using Microsoft 365 subscription version or the one-time purchase version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T18:41:04+00:00

    Charles - that's interesting. Maybe if I update to Word 16.93 and leave it for a while the Copilot preference option will show up at some point. I'm going to try that and see what happens. Thanks.!

    Craig

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T19:57:00+00:00

    I have a copilot icon in authoring tools but there is no option to disable copilot.

    Anyone have any other ideas?

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T20:01:55+00:00

    I feel like you. Have you found a solution, a way to disable Copilot?

    john

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Charles Kenyon 171K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-02-10T00:07:22+00:00

    I feel like you. Have you found a solution, a way to disable Copilot?

    john

    Hi John,

    Please read through all of the posts in this thread, which is long. You should be able to disable Copilot in the desktop app Word on the Mac (and in Windows). The change may be "rolling out" gradually to different users.

    Other Office programs, eventually, but "soon."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments