How do I deactivate copilot in Word for the Mac?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T08:34:09+00:00

I have problems deactivating the copilot in Word on my MacBook Pro (actually it should be deactivated from PowerPoint and Excel too). I tried to follow tutorials but it seems like i dont have the possibility in my Word settings.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T23:53:57+00:00

    what is the "application window"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.7K Reputation points
    2025-01-22T00:39:43+00:00

    This sounds like a homework question & is not related to the subject of the thread in any way.

    If you do have a question specific to Word for Mac please provide a complete & accurate description including the specific Version Numbers of both macOS & Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T03:35:19+00:00

    Are you always so arrogant? I was programming in the 70s. I am currently working on my doctorate. I was responding to a thread that sent me through the "application window", which I couldn't find.

    "In your application (such as Word), select the application menu and go to Copilot > Authoring and Proofing Tools > Preferences > Clear the Enable Copilot checkbox > Close and restart the application."

    I have a...

    • Macbook Air
    • Running Sequoia 15.2
    • Microsoft 365, Word for Mac 16.93

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T03:45:38+00:00

    This is concerning. Does this new copilot "feature" perform the AI functions locally, or does it send information from the document out to external servers to perform the AI functions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.7K Reputation points
    2025-01-22T04:01:49+00:00

    I can only go on the basis of what you wrote. There literally was no frame of reference in the message you posted. I simply made an observation & requested clarification.

    You asked about the application window t but the quote you cited from Zenobia.Z's reply specifies the application menu. What that reply referred to is the name of the application shown in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments