How do I deactivate copilot in Word for the Mac?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T08:34:09+00:00

I have problems deactivating the copilot in Word on my MacBook Pro (actually it should be deactivated from PowerPoint and Excel too). I tried to follow tutorials but it seems like i dont have the possibility in my Word settings.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T03:35:19+00:00

    Are you always so arrogant? I was programming in the 70s. I am currently working on my doctorate. I was responding to a thread that sent me through the "application window", which I couldn't find.

    "In your application (such as Word), select the application menu and go to Copilot > Authoring and Proofing Tools > Preferences > Clear the Enable Copilot checkbox > Close and restart the application."

    I have a...

    • Macbook Air
    • Running Sequoia 15.2
    • Microsoft 365, Word for Mac 16.93

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.7K Reputation points
    2025-01-22T00:39:43+00:00

    This sounds like a homework question & is not related to the subject of the thread in any way.

    If you do have a question specific to Word for Mac please provide a complete & accurate description including the specific Version Numbers of both macOS & Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T23:53:57+00:00

    what is the "application window"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T08:53:19+00:00

    There is no checkbox for Copilot on Word >Preferences !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Charles Kenyon 171K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-21T03:48:08+00:00

    This from Cherry.Z - MSFT in this thread.

    However**, Copilot Control is not currently available for Mac apps.** The Microsoft development team expects to enable it for one or more apps in the next few weeks or so. I'm sharing this with you to let you know that Microsoft values user input and feedback, and that the Microsoft development team has taken note of user issues and is actively working on improvements.

    ***

    In the meantime, I'd like to share with you that the Microsoft development team has noticed this issue and is gradually rolling out features to allow users to choose whether or not to use Copilot in Office. ***

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments