YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-06T18:59:48+00:00

    Same issue as others. Tried the embedding tip as well as making sure my VPN is turned off and still unable to play in PPT. Tried with multiple videos.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-05T22:23:17+00:00

    Turning off Norton’s VPN has worked for me (Windows) - however I now get the full ‘advertising experience’ with each video…. It now seems that MS doesn’t want to fix this as it might interfere with their advertising revenue… Happy to be proven wrong MS!?

    Not MS, but I've been watching this thread since the beginning. If' you review the earlier messages, you'll see that this is a situation that YouTube has imposed on PowerPoint, not something that Microsoft has changed.

    It's Youtube's content; they make the ad revenue, not MS, and they make the rules as to how it can be used.

    Because of a quirk in one of their rules, you may find that the same file works fine when viewed in the web version of PPT rather than the desktop version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T20:32:28+00:00

    Turning off Norton’s VPN has worked for me (Windows) - however I now get the full ‘advertising experience’ with each video…. It now seems that MS doesn’t want to fix this as it might interfere with their advertising revenue… Happy to be proven wrong MS!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T19:50:07+00:00

    Hi Tyler,

    I'm not an expert - but I don't have issues with videos if I do two things:

    1. Turn off my VPN - which I have to do anytime I restart my computer if I'm planning to show videos over Zoom.
    2. Turn off any AI noise cancellation selections. I use my ACER laptop for most Zoom meetings and in the audio controls, I can select/deselect AI noise cancellation.

    I wish someone from MicroSoft would actually respond to help all of us! Hope this helps!!

    :-)Mary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T17:50:01+00:00

    Was there any solution to this? I am a teacher that shares lots of youtube video tutorials to students for when they are at home. The powerpoints don't work at all for students that don't have a google account. They can't even go to the website to watch them

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments