YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T19:31:01+00:00

    Yup - same issue here! I am a university lecturer and have powerpoints for every lecture. Lots of embedded videos throughout and when I am connected to the university WIFI they won't play. Just get the screen asking me to login to prove I'm not a bot. I am logged in however and can view the videos in my office when I'm on a different wifi.

    Note: this is new this fall. All of these videos ran fine in the spring and last fall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T02:20:04+00:00

    This is my exact problem. I have had Youtube videos in my powerpoint presentations. They have played every time. Now they wont play, none of them. I have to sign in to prove im not a bot. Im already signed in! What is going on? I really need those videos!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T22:30:33+00:00

    Hi,

    I've encountered the same problem with PowerPoint and Youtube embedded videos. I'm also having trouble uploading screenshots to this post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-22T18:17:28+00:00

    I have the same problem as Meg. I never had problems playing YouTube videos in PPT until the past week. Now, when I try to play videos in PPT (that have worked before), I get this error message - Sign in to confirm you’re not a bot This helps protect our community. Learn more

    I also signed into YouTube and then tried to play the video in PPT and I continue to get the same message. Again, I never had this problem until recently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T09:39:41+00:00

    Hello, Meg Campbell

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I realize that you've encountered a problem with inserting YouTube videos in PowerPoint and I understand how you feel. 

    Do you mean that when you click the YouTube video inserted in the slide, it asks you to login YouTube (Not Office)?

    I know you have attached a picture, but we cannot see it here. Could you please attach the screenshot of this problem again?

    Additionally, in order to figure out if it is a problem with YouTube, you can try:

    1. Insert another YouTube video. It may be a problem with specific YouTube video.
    2. Download the video from YouTube to your local device. In PowerPoint, inset this video from device.
    3. Insert online video from another website.

    I'm looking forward to your reply.  

    Best wishes,

    Lucia Wu - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments