YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-01T18:05:42+00:00

    Same problem here on 1 July 2025. Turning off VPN solved if for me. I can play the Youtube videos in Powerpoint now. No need to reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-12T15:56:45+00:00

    I found that turning off VPN helped to resolve this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Charles Kenyon 171.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-27T23:55:50+00:00

    I don’t know what you mean by viewing in the web version vs desktop version of PowerPoint. Would you elaborate for a non-savvy tech person?

    These are two different programs.

    The Office Online (web) version is played in a web browser and does not have the same resources as the full desktop application PowerPoint.

    Some Microsoft 365 subscriptions do not have the desktop applications.

    All Microsoft Office purchases (perpetual license with a year in the name) have the desktop applications.

    Microsoft Office Online Home

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T04:55:53+00:00

    Hi, I am attaching my screenshot. It has to be a PowerPoint issue as I can watch the video fine in any of my three browsers. I just noticed Steve's reply above, which explains what is going on. I tried using PowerPoint online and it played the video, but only after I signed into the browser. I can see this is Google's thing trying to force people to watch ads., which means that someone needs to start a new version of YouTube that doesn't have this requirement. I doubt that is going to happen, so I will just have to view my PPT's using the online version from now on. At least I know it works.

    Thank you,

    Daren.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-06T19:47:10+00:00

    I don’t know what you mean by viewing in the web version vs desktop version of PowerPoint. Would you elaborate for a non-savvy tech person?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments