YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T04:55:53+00:00

    Hi, I am attaching my screenshot. It has to be a PowerPoint issue as I can watch the video fine in any of my three browsers. I just noticed Steve's reply above, which explains what is going on. I tried using PowerPoint online and it played the video, but only after I signed into the browser. I can see this is Google's thing trying to force people to watch ads., which means that someone needs to start a new version of YouTube that doesn't have this requirement. I doubt that is going to happen, so I will just have to view my PPT's using the online version from now on. At least I know it works.

    Thank you,

    Daren.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-06T18:59:48+00:00

    Same issue as others. Tried the embedding tip as well as making sure my VPN is turned off and still unable to play in PPT. Tried with multiple videos.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-20T19:15:38+00:00

    I called for help from Microsoft. A very simple RESTART allowed my videos to work. My videos now have the commercials before the video begins, but I don’t care as long as the content of the video plays. Try restarting your computer. I hope it works for you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T02:05:26+00:00

    Thank you! It may be a’workaround’ - but it works!

    Note that it also shows ads with the video… 😵‍💫

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments