YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T01:39:56+00:00

    Hi,

    I had this problem too until I began turning off my VPN anytime I'm using PPT with an embedded video. I click on my virus protection icon in the menu on the bottom of my screen and click on turn off VPN.

    Since I began doing that, I've been able to show YouTube videos in PPT without any problem!

    I hope this helps!

    Good luck Meg!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T06:42:00+00:00

    Exactly the same problems!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T12:40:55+00:00

    I too discovered that when I disable my VPN, the videos play just fine. I think Jennifer mentioned this some time ago and I've just now had a chance to check it out.

    I hope this is a successful work around for all who commented!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T15:26:16+00:00

    Neither the embed nor restart worked for me.

    Please advise.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T09:39:41+00:00

    Hello, Meg Campbell

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I realize that you've encountered a problem with inserting YouTube videos in PowerPoint and I understand how you feel. 

    Do you mean that when you click the YouTube video inserted in the slide, it asks you to login YouTube (Not Office)?

    I know you have attached a picture, but we cannot see it here. Could you please attach the screenshot of this problem again?

    Additionally, in order to figure out if it is a problem with YouTube, you can try:

    1. Insert another YouTube video. It may be a problem with specific YouTube video.
    2. Download the video from YouTube to your local device. In PowerPoint, inset this video from device.
    3. Insert online video from another website.

    I'm looking forward to your reply.  

    Best wishes,

    Lucia Wu - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments