YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-22T18:17:28+00:00

    I have the same problem as Meg. I never had problems playing YouTube videos in PPT until the past week. Now, when I try to play videos in PPT (that have worked before), I get this error message - Sign in to confirm you’re not a bot This helps protect our community. Learn more

    I also signed into YouTube and then tried to play the video in PPT and I continue to get the same message. Again, I never had this problem until recently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T00:08:34+00:00

    I did this and it didn't work. Anyone else solve this yet. It was working fine last week.

    I just found out what happened. When I updated my Norton anti virus I allowed the secure VPN. I just went into Norton and turned off the secure VPN and the videos in the power point once again play.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T01:24:31+00:00

    Mike,

    Those didn't work for me either. However, I did discover that when Norton Anti Virus had the secure VPN enabled I got that screen on my power points. By turning off the secure VPN while playing the power points the videos show fine. I have actually done this multiple times now so know it is one of the culprits. It is possible that any program that "hides" one's identity online would trigger this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T22:56:54+00:00

    I had the same issue, this workaround fixed it for me.

    I clicked "share" then "embed"

    I left all the settings the same (how they were already selected but you can do the "start at" option like with the usual method) 

    Click "Copy"

    Then I pasted that code where you would put the video url as normal in powerpoint when you go to add an online video

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T06:43:58+00:00

    This problem has been around since August - it's now October! Come on Microsoft - we need to use these videos in PowerPoint!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments