Microsoft forms responses are not syncing automatically to onedrive/sharepoint

Anonymous
2024-10-15T02:03:32+00:00

We used to have an excel system running off the final line of the excel sheet generated by forms.

I have a new tenant and forms is using the new GUI

I send some responses inside forms, but the results are not synced/updated inside my sharepoint/onedrive excel sheet automatically.

It will only work if i click on open result in excel inside the webpage, which will then only update my excel in sharepoint/onedrive.

Please advise how i can get it working again.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T13:43:40+00:00

    Posting here, hoping to be notified when Microsoft reverts this puzzling decision.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:51:03+00:00

    Appreciating this thread! Also very confused by the change. I know the reasoning was something about making the synchronisation more stable/reliant, but I don't think we ever had any problems with the way it was synchronising before -- maybe others did?

    I'm reluctant to start creating powerautomate flows for all the forms, but with no sign of reverting this back or fixing the new version to synch the way the old version did, we may not have a choice. I suppose the flow could save new forms directly to a new spreadsheet or directly to the powerbi data model.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T22:14:36+00:00

    Frustratingly, all my forms are now no longer working. I underastand the workaroun by using Power Automate, however this is a huge step backwards. I have a large number of forms where I now have to create a new step to do somethign that used to be automatic. All my realtime syncs have stopped working!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T08:13:38+00:00

    Terrible decision and affecting so many users, this is a stepback for Microsoft. I'm no sure if this is to force users into Powerautomate or get more copilot licenses to enable similar automation in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T08:36:24+00:00

    Posting to increase the visibility of this topic! MS needs to review this update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments