Microsoft forms responses are not syncing automatically to onedrive/sharepoint

Anonymous
2024-10-15T02:03:32+00:00

We used to have an excel system running off the final line of the excel sheet generated by forms.

I have a new tenant and forms is using the new GUI

I send some responses inside forms, but the results are not synced/updated inside my sharepoint/onedrive excel sheet automatically.

It will only work if i click on open result in excel inside the webpage, which will then only update my excel in sharepoint/onedrive.

Please advise how i can get it working again.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T15:32:05+00:00

    I could not agree more about this change. This is a huge step backwards in terms of seemless data management. I have several 30+ excel spreadsheets that I have to manually update for my PowerBi and Power Automate systems to work. These funnel into Business dashboards that are updated regularly. Please, Microsoft, fix this issue. It's a major problem!

    This is the worst!! Microsoft please fix this issue! We use Power Automate and Power BI, because of not automatically syncing to excel I have to di everything manually! This is not creating efficiency! It was promoted as with the new update it will create more streamlined feature but it's not! It's going backward!!! This is super frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T15:49:58+00:00

    I totally agree with you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T16:36:17+00:00

    I found a solution that may not be the best: working with a parallel Excel. This means not working with the Excel file generated by Forms, but with a parallel Excel file.

    Flow: When a response is submitted > Get response details > Add a row into a table (Excel). Previously, I created a new Excel book.

    This new Excel file is updated every time that a response is submitted.

    Hi, I used a new Excel file, but I still have to open it to get it synced. Are you creating the Excel on the shared drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T17:42:11+00:00

    We have done something similar with PowerAutomate and 2 Excel files (the online from Forms and another one that we created to download to). The solution is thankfully working! The Created Excel is what is linked to our PowerBi dashboards.

    We run it through a Teams location because 365 for SharePoint is not enabled at our organization for some reason. We haven't seen an issue with it being maintained in the Teams location thus far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T18:04:20+00:00

    We have done something similar with PowerAutomate and 2 Excel files (the online from Forms and another one that we created to download to). The solution is thankfully working! The Created Excel is what is linked to our PowerBi dashboards.

    We run it through a Teams location because 365 for SharePoint is not enabled at our organization for some reason. We haven't seen an issue with it being maintained in the Teams location thus far.

    Can you please tell me more about the download option? I used Power automate.

    My flow: is get a row from excel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments