Microsoft forms responses are not syncing automatically to onedrive/sharepoint

Anonymous
2024-10-15T02:03:32+00:00

We used to have an excel system running off the final line of the excel sheet generated by forms.

I have a new tenant and forms is using the new GUI

I send some responses inside forms, but the results are not synced/updated inside my sharepoint/onedrive excel sheet automatically.

It will only work if i click on open result in excel inside the webpage, which will then only update my excel in sharepoint/onedrive.

Please advise how i can get it working again.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T23:05:59+00:00

    If you have a work around, please share. I have several power automates based on this system - Forms, Excel, Power Automate, email. I'm looking for a way to keep this without having to open Excel files endlessly, and in the case of incidents, if I can't find a work around, we'll have to scrap the whole thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T07:55:19+00:00

    Here's one more angry guy.

    Our Health and Safety department is receiving continuous complaints as users don't understand why the entire reporting system is down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T08:22:53+00:00

    I am trying to do other methods and avoid forms for my operations reports now. Cannot bear to have these kinds of issue happen again.

    Silly to break a good thing from MS's end

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T08:43:18+00:00

    I found a solution that may not be the best: working with a parallel Excel. This means not working with the Excel file generated by Forms, but with a parallel Excel file.

    Flow: When a response is submitted > Get response details > Add a row into a table (Excel). Previously, I created a new Excel book.

    This new Excel file is updated every time that a response is submitted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T16:24:37+00:00

    Thank you! Super helpful! We’ve had to do the same thing. Really a bummer. But at least there’s something we can do! Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments