Microsoft forms responses are not syncing automatically to onedrive/sharepoint

Anonymous
2024-10-15T02:03:32+00:00

We used to have an excel system running off the final line of the excel sheet generated by forms.

I have a new tenant and forms is using the new GUI

I send some responses inside forms, but the results are not synced/updated inside my sharepoint/onedrive excel sheet automatically.

It will only work if i click on open result in excel inside the webpage, which will then only update my excel in sharepoint/onedrive.

Please advise how i can get it working again.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T14:54:06+00:00

    I have many PowerBi reports connected to form responses in excel and now my dashboards will not automatically refresh because form responses don't sync without opening the responses workbook. I cannot understand how MS thought this was a sensible decision. I sure hope they are making this an urgent priority! Next step is to bombard MS support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T08:13:38+00:00

    Terrible decision and affecting so many users, this is a stepback for Microsoft. I'm no sure if this is to force users into Powerautomate or get more copilot licenses to enable similar automation in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T15:32:05+00:00

    I could not agree more about this change. This is a huge step backwards in terms of seemless data management. I have several 30+ excel spreadsheets that I have to manually update for my PowerBi and Power Automate systems to work. These funnel into Business dashboards that are updated regularly. Please, Microsoft, fix this issue. It's a major problem!

    This is the worst!! Microsoft please fix this issue! We use Power Automate and Power BI, because of not automatically syncing to excel I have to di everything manually! This is not creating efficiency! It was promoted as with the new update it will create more streamlined feature but it's not! It's going backward!!! This is super frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T08:22:53+00:00

    I am trying to do other methods and avoid forms for my operations reports now. Cannot bear to have these kinds of issue happen again.

    Silly to break a good thing from MS's end

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T07:55:19+00:00

    Here's one more angry guy.

    Our Health and Safety department is receiving continuous complaints as users don't understand why the entire reporting system is down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments