MS Access (O365) Encountering -3151 Error (ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed) During Salesforce Data Connection Setup

Anonymous
2024-07-17T21:02:01+00:00

SOLUTION: There is a bug with the recent O365 update. Until Microsoft addresses the issue, you must revert to the previous version, 17726.20126. You can do so programmatically. Here's a command to revert to previous version: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.17726.20126

Issue:

I have been using the built-in MS Access Salesforce ODBC driver and have successfully connected to Salesforce for several years without any issues. Recently, when I tried to run a query, I encountered the "ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed" error.

I have attempted to refresh the link, reimport the tables, and confirmed that my Salesforce token has not changed. I checked my Salesforce login events, and I'm not seeing any attempts to login from the partner product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve or troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-09-10T14:38:17+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded the new build from today and updated the status in our documenting AFo article to this text:

Microsoft planned to release a fix for this problem in the Current Channel on Patch Tuesday, Sep 10. The update is version 2408 build 17928.20156*.*

If you do not receive it automatically, you can retrieve it by choosing Update Nowon File - Account*.*

If you were affected by the bug, please let us know if the update fixes the Salesforce connector problem for you.

Servus
Karl
****************
Access Forever News DevCon
Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK - 19./20.10. Nürnberg

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-19T09:45:49+00:00

    "But if you revert to an earlier Office 365 version, it does fix it. However, it's very difficult to prevent Office from automatically updating itself and causing the same problem all over again!"

    You can pause updates pending the resolution of the problem.

    Please tell us the specific version and build of Access where you see this problem. I fear that Access with Salesforce is not a common enough configuration to be raising widespread problems, so it's important to get accurate information from verified situations for the Microsoft team.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-19T10:08:14+00:00

    Please indicate the version and build of Access where you see this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T10:47:47+00:00

    hello

    we too are having this problem and people cannot connect to salesforce using the 'from online services' connection - Access version last working: 2406 but its the build that is relevant - last working build was 17726.20126 - all recent builds have this error

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments