MS Access (O365) Encountering -3151 Error (ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed) During Salesforce Data Connection Setup

Anonymous
2024-07-17T21:02:01+00:00

SOLUTION: There is a bug with the recent O365 update. Until Microsoft addresses the issue, you must revert to the previous version, 17726.20126. You can do so programmatically. Here's a command to revert to previous version: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.17726.20126

Issue:

I have been using the built-in MS Access Salesforce ODBC driver and have successfully connected to Salesforce for several years without any issues. Recently, when I tried to run a query, I encountered the "ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed" error.

I have attempted to refresh the link, reimport the tables, and confirmed that my Salesforce token has not changed. I checked my Salesforce login events, and I'm not seeing any attempts to login from the partner product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve or troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-09-10T14:38:17+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded the new build from today and updated the status in our documenting AFo article to this text:

Microsoft planned to release a fix for this problem in the Current Channel on Patch Tuesday, Sep 10. The update is version 2408 build 17928.20156*.*

If you do not receive it automatically, you can retrieve it by choosing Update Nowon File - Account*.*

If you were affected by the bug, please let us know if the update fixes the Salesforce connector problem for you.

Servus
Karl
****************
Access Forever News DevCon
Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK - 19./20.10. Nürnberg

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T09:03:06+00:00

    hello a quick note to say the latest build has indeed fixed this issue! thanks to all on this forum

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T13:01:25+00:00

    I am on Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel and the latest update did not fix the issue. I am on 2402 Build 17328.20588. I hope it gets fixed soon. I rely heavily on my SF Access connection for territory management auditing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T19:14:13+00:00

    Hi,

    I am on Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel and the latest update did not fix the issue. I am on 2402 Build 17328.20588. I hope it gets fixed soon.

    That's strange, because this build was also deployed on Sep 10 and contains the fix according to Microsoft. The connector should therefore work again with this build.

    Servus
    Karl
    ****************
    Access Forever, News, DevCon
    Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK - 19./20.10. Nürnberg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments