MS Access (O365) Encountering -3151 Error (ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed) During Salesforce Data Connection Setup

Anonymous
2024-07-17T21:02:01+00:00

SOLUTION: There is a bug with the recent O365 update. Until Microsoft addresses the issue, you must revert to the previous version, 17726.20126. You can do so programmatically. Here's a command to revert to previous version: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.17726.20126

Issue:

I have been using the built-in MS Access Salesforce ODBC driver and have successfully connected to Salesforce for several years without any issues. Recently, when I tried to run a query, I encountered the "ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed" error.

I have attempted to refresh the link, reimport the tables, and confirmed that my Salesforce token has not changed. I checked my Salesforce login events, and I'm not seeing any attempts to login from the partner product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve or troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-09-10T14:38:17+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded the new build from today and updated the status in our documenting AFo article to this text:

Microsoft planned to release a fix for this problem in the Current Channel on Patch Tuesday, Sep 10. The update is version 2408 build 17928.20156*.*

If you do not receive it automatically, you can retrieve it by choosing Update Nowon File - Account*.*

If you were affected by the bug, please let us know if the update fixes the Salesforce connector problem for you.

Servus
Karl
****************
Access Forever News DevCon
Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK - 19./20.10. Nürnberg

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T12:47:28+00:00

    Hi Eden Whittington,

    Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

    I understand that you're experiencing an issue, but it seems the product in question is not within the scope of support that I can provide.

    It's recommended to consider contacting technical support teams from Salesforce for additional assistance.

    Best Regards,

    Sophia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-18T12:55:16+00:00

    I agree that you might get more pertinent assistance from Salesforce support.

    However, there are some things to consider as well. The error mentions an ODBC connection. Which ODBC driver is involved? Where did it come from? Is it a Microsoft driver, or one supplied by Salesforce?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T04:32:04+00:00

    Eden, You're not alone! We also are in the same boat. For years it worked great, and now suddenly (as of the Office 365 update, Version 2406: July 9), we get the same ERROR message: "ODBC--connection to '{{Salesforce}} failed."

    We are currently clueless as well.

    But if you revert to an earlier Office 365 version, it does fix it. However, it's very difficult to prevent Office from automaticallly updating itself and causing the same problem all over again!

    Hopefully Microsoft will realize they broke something, and give us a fix soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments