MS Access (O365) Encountering -3151 Error (ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed) During Salesforce Data Connection Setup

Anonymous
2024-07-17T21:02:01+00:00

SOLUTION: There is a bug with the recent O365 update. Until Microsoft addresses the issue, you must revert to the previous version, 17726.20126. You can do so programmatically. Here's a command to revert to previous version: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.17726.20126

Issue:

I have been using the built-in MS Access Salesforce ODBC driver and have successfully connected to Salesforce for several years without any issues. Recently, when I tried to run a query, I encountered the "ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed" error.

I have attempted to refresh the link, reimport the tables, and confirmed that my Salesforce token has not changed. I checked my Salesforce login events, and I'm not seeing any attempts to login from the partner product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve or troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-09-10T14:38:17+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded the new build from today and updated the status in our documenting AFo article to this text:

Microsoft planned to release a fix for this problem in the Current Channel on Patch Tuesday, Sep 10. The update is version 2408 build 17928.20156*.*

If you do not receive it automatically, you can retrieve it by choosing Update Nowon File - Account*.*

If you were affected by the bug, please let us know if the update fixes the Salesforce connector problem for you.

Servus
Karl
****************
Access Forever News DevCon
Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK - 19./20.10. Nürnberg

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T15:54:41+00:00

    Very helpful, thank you! I will try this. On a different server yesterday, I tried to make a connection with SF through the Access database, and the connection was successful.

    The Access build of the server where the connection was successful is:
    Version 2404 (17531.20190)

    Access build of machine where connection fails is:

    Version 2406 (17726.20160)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T15:46:40+00:00

    It's the built-in MS Access driver available through external data sources/online services. It's offered only in volume-licensed instances of Access 2019 or O365 enterprise plans. We're currently on version 2406.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T14:10:41+00:00

    For me, here is what I know from looking at my Apps & Settings, and comparing with this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/microsoft365-apps-security-updates#june-11-2024

    The FIRST version that caused the FAILURE:

    • Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise - en-us 16.0.17628.20188
    • Monthly Enterprise Channel: Version 2405 (Build 17628.20188)
    • July 09, 2024

    The latest PREVIOUS version that works SUCCESSFULLY:

    • Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise - en-us  16.0.17425.20258
    • Monthly Enterprise Channel: Version 2403 (Build 17425.20258)
    • June 11, 2024

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments