Excel Does Nothing When Inserting/Deleting Rows or Columns

Anonymous
2024-06-06T13:08:38+00:00

When using excel since the May 30th update, Excel does nothing when inserting/deleting rows/columns.

The insert and insert paste row/column options are not greyed out on right click. When the insert option is selected, nothing happens. Same for the Insert sheet rows/columns in the home tab: nothing happens when clicked. No error messages either, it seems like excel just forgets what you told it to do.

This is happening on newly opened blank workbooks as well, so there are no frozen panes, sheet protection, hidden rows, worksheet errors or corrupt workbooks, and there's no point in restarting excel for a workbook that was just opened.

I have already repaired and re-installed office 365.

Restarting the computer allows me to insert rows/columns 2-3 times before it breaks again.

EDIT: added "deleting" and "columns" to initial "could not insert rows"

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T20:23:19+00:00

    How do I get the M365 version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T20:27:33+00:00

    So, as an "Insider" I have an older version, and not the most up-to-date one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T20:31:13+00:00

    I'm trying to find out how to get Out of the Insider program, but all the webpages I've seen only tell me how to get in. I have an individual subscription to 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T03:25:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments