A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Can you verify that you don't have a folder called Documents under your Documents folder already?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Instead of my files saving to my computer some of them save to https://d.docs.live.net.53e22b9e14726e2e.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Can you verify that you don't have a folder called Documents under your Documents folder already?
I have the same problem. I want to save directly to my local hard drive. Then backup to OneDrive in the background. I've done this for many years. Every so often, Microsoft forced my saves through d.doc.live.net. I would eventually find a solution. But now, none of the solutions in this thread work. I've tried them all. It insists on saving to d.doc.live.net, and there is a LAG each time it does, wasting so much time, very frustrating.
In 2022, I solved it by by unchecking "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" in OneDrive/Office settings, but that box no longer exists in OneDrive settings.
Stefan Blom-can you please help?
It's definitely going to be easier to reorganize everything on a computer, but it can be done by renaming the documents folder within the primary documents folder (if that's the issue) with either OneDrive app if a PC isn't available.
Instead of my files saving to my computer some of them save to https://d.docs.live.net.53e22b9e14726e2e.
I am using my kindle and android phone so how do i solve this problem
I have been troubleshooting this issue on a friend's PC just this past weekend, documents on OneDrive (Word, Excel) which you open in the program were lacking the file name in the program header (and location), and if you used the "Save as" button the file name was overwritten by "d.docs.live.net" by default.
The SOLUTION to the program was the FOLDER structure on OneDrive. My friend had the usual root folders like Desktop, Photos, Documents, Music etc. and then in the Documents folder there was *ANOTHER* Documents folder which appeared to also be somehow a system folder (the icon color was different). Only when dealing with files that send subfolder "Documents" the issue occured. The solution was to move all of the content up one level, into the original Documents folder.
After 3 visits and hours researching this issue, THIS is what resolved the problem we were running into. My customer had a folder called Documents under the OneDrive Documents folder and it somehow made everything BIG MAD.
I made a copy of all of the data locally, completely erased the cloud-based data set and moved all of the data from the Documents\Documents folder into the main Documents folder and let it sync. It took awhile, but everything started working again!
Thanks DirkWe!