my files are saving to d.docs.live.net, why is this and how to I get my files back on my computer? I have windows 11

Anonymous
2024-04-05T00:01:37+00:00

Instead of my files saving to my computer some of them save to https://d.docs.live.net.53e22b9e14726e2e.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T17:13:35+00:00

    The d.docs.live.net location means OneDrive.

    If you are saying that you want to save everything locally, select the option "Save to Computer by default" and also specify a "Default local save location" at File > Options > Save.

    Any documents that are currently saved to the cloud or synchronized via the local OneDrive folder must be moved out of that location.

    The last three days my files are being saved by default to One Drive, that is d.docs.live.net. I think it is because I was trying to upload some files to One Drive three days ago. Now, I want all my files saved locally to my computer. Where do I find the option "Save to computer by default?" Please provide the click-by-click location. If the starting point is the "G" blue button in the upper right, please direct me starting with the G button.

    I am using Windows 10 or 11.

    GF.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T02:26:38+00:00

    I am getting the same d.docs.live.net error. Were you able to figure out how to get rid of this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T10:07:56+00:00

    I have a problem with same issue and I do not know how to treat it. When I form a folder with subfolders, and than use hiperlinks in "central" documents, when I transfer files with subfolders to another computer which is not connected to my One Drive, the links are broken... How can I change hiperlinks to be referred to specific folders, and not to my One Drive folders (without repeating all "insert" procedure all over again)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T18:08:29+00:00

    I've disabled OneDrive, as it's just a pain to work with and doesn't always save. I already have a cloud back-up service so I don't this annoying app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments