my files are saving to d.docs.live.net, why is this and how to I get my files back on my computer? I have windows 11

Anonymous
2024-04-05T00:01:37+00:00

Instead of my files saving to my computer some of them save to https://d.docs.live.net.53e22b9e14726e2e.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T17:19:42+00:00

    I have been troubleshooting this issue on a friend's PC just this past weekend, documents on OneDrive (Word, Excel) which you open in the program were lacking the file name in the program header (and location), and if you used the "Save as" button the file name was overwritten by "d.docs.live.net" by default.

    The SOLUTION to the program was the FOLDER structure on OneDrive. My friend had the usual root folders like Desktop, Photos, Documents, Music etc. and then in the Documents folder there was *ANOTHER* Documents folder which appeared to also be somehow a system folder (the icon color was different). Only when dealing with files that send subfolder "Documents" the issue occured. The solution was to move all of the content up one level, into the original Documents folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-10T21:16:03+00:00

    I have the same issue. My Windows OS suddenly got wonky for no reason and one of the problems is it won't save my documents under the names I assign them. It instead saves them under d.docs.live.net and doesn't always save my changes!

    What is going on and how do I resolve this? My laptop is less than one year old and also is running on Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T10:37:42+00:00

    I agree. Its time microsoft sorted this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-06-13T17:28:14+00:00

    How do you get to the onedrive notification icon? Ihave the same problem, its been more than frustruating

    You should see an icon for OneDrive on the Windows taskbar.

    If you are not seeing it there, you can access OneDrive from within File Explorer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T14:15:46+00:00

    That was the problem too, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments