This content presents a potential security issue. Do you trust this content.

Anonymous
2024-07-31T04:26:10+00:00

Hi recently I have had the following occur every time we open excel spreadsheets from my sharepoint.

I have tried to change the privacy settings but I cant find the warning checkbox.

Pictures bleow:

Tried to follow the following but as from the pictures I dont have the same options:
Enable or disable security alerts about links and files from suspicious websites - Microsoft Support

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T20:19:54+00:00

    This is now working for me! No message/warning pop-ups.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T19:14:47+00:00

    As others this is happening to me, where I get security pop-ups. But I also cannot fully use Office 365, or word.docx from my unlogged/ offline computer since 2024-08-26, making the purchase useless.

    It began when attempting to drag the word doc on my monitor, seeing I couldn't easily grab the doc with my cursor, this since the top of the document is now laden with strings and icons. So, I attempted to remove or shorten some, to be able to move the doc without issues I was having. I researched online each as I am cautious, but upon closing the .docx account icon in testing, my problems herein stated started. This was supposed to be and should have been simple! It was not!

    Back to Office 365 ensuing issues...

    My attempts do now allow an apparent online viewing, as also partial acknowledgement that I am owner of Office 365, but still nulls sign-in attempts and product key submissions. I have used Settings > Apps to Repair as modify > Online Repair but this still fails.

    I've been careful with this unstable Windows 11 and Office 365, as also not happy to have to reinstall at the simplest breakage of code.

    Me, 1970s college educated with aces in dean's listings to computer programming as math. Might not be the brightest of all but I see things correctly as most do.

    Lastly, my thoughts are on security protocols being broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-23T17:15:12+00:00

    Hi,

    Our organisation is also experiencing this issue. Have you received an update at all?

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-22T20:12:18+00:00

    My company is still experiencing this issue, so I opened a ticket with Microsoft support. They responded with the following notice:

    SP867513- Some users incorrectly receive a security warning prompt when opening Excel or PowerPoint files in SharePoint Online

    Title: Some users incorrectly receive a security warning prompt when opening Excel or PowerPoint files in SharePoint Online
    User impact: Users incorrectly receive a security warning prompt when opening Word, Excel or PowerPoint files in SharePoint Online.
    More info: More specifically, users may incorrectly receive a security prompt when opening Word, Excel or PowerPoint files in their respective web apps within SharePoint Online. Also, affected users may see the following message "This content presents a potential issue".
    While we're working to remediate impact, we recommend that users update their Microsoft 365 Office clients by accessing an application and selecting the following options:
    File > Account > Microsoft 365 and Office Updates > Update Options > Update Now
    Current status: The fix deployment is progressing slower than anticipated and we're looking into methods to expedite this process. We've also identified that this warning prompt is displaying when known safe links are selected and are investigating ways to streamline this process and prevent extraneous alerts going forward.
    Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event, and impact is specific to some users who are served through infrastructure operating with the Semi-Annual Channel update from January 2024 - 16.0.17328.20452 attempting to open Word, Excel or PowerPoint files in their respective SharePoint Online web app.
    Start time: Wednesday, July 31, 2024, at 4:30 AM UTC
    Root cause: A necessary short-term fix for an unrelated issue was recently implemented, producing a security warning prompt when opening Excel, PowerPoint, or Word files in SharePoint Online.
    Next update by: Friday, August 23, 2024, at 8:00 PM UTC

    Updating the Office client did not fix the issue unfortunately.

    Also interesting is that the issue ID provided isn't visible in the Health Center: https://admin.microsoft.com/#/servicehealth/history/:/alerts/SP867513 (if I try the link, I get a permission-related error).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T15:28:32+00:00

    This is the latest update I can find via Admin center:

    Hopefully we would know the update tonight (in 2 hours and 30 minutes)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments