OneNote feature "Send Copy of Page" suddenly not working on the iPad

Anonymous
2024-04-17T17:42:52+00:00

I use OneNote to write stuff and often need to share it with people. OneNote on iPad has the send copy of page feature that can turn my notes into a PDF that I can easily share. that's great, the problem? it suddenly stops working.

I want this feature because it is crucial for me. I tried restarting my iPad. going to the settings app and deleting all notebooks. and reinstalling from the app store. still, not working. I tried the send copy of page feature on other of my notes and they also don't work.

It doesn't show any error, you press the button and it's gone without anything to explain why it's not working. I don't know if I can include a video here bc w/ screenshots it's not clear.

Share button works. pressing the "Send Copy of Page" gets rid of the window and doesn't do anything like it's supposed to do. The invite & copy link works interestingly enough.

please tell me how to fix it I use Onenote on my iPad a lot and sending a copy of page things is crucial for me

iPad OS 17.4.1

OneNote version 16.84

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-05-19T17:06:05+00:00

It works fine with the update iPadOS 17.5

Wondeful!

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-05-21T03:29:27+00:00

To resolve the issue, I updated my iPad to the latest iOS. Then, I updated the OneNote app and force-closed it. Then I restarted the iPad.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T00:45:11+00:00

    Hi so i tried them and still didn’t work

    1. iPad OS & OneNote is at the most up to date version available
    2. force-quitting doesn’t work
    3. the issue is on all of my notes and notebooks
    4. OneNote app already got full photos & files and photos permission turned on
    5. reinstalling doesn’t fix the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T08:11:11+00:00

    Hi Vincent, I am Sumit, and I will gladly assist you today. Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    This feature broke with last week's update. Can you please let Microsoft know using https://onenote.com/feedback so that they can fix this issue soon?

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T20:46:29+00:00

    Hi Vincent, I am Sumit, and I will gladly assist you today. Welcome to the Microsoft Community. This feature broke with last week's update. Can you please let Microsoft know using https://onenote.com/feedback so that they can fix this issue soon? Good luck!

    Good Luck? I'm a product manager for another company, and you're telling users to submit a ticket, and then you say, Good Luck? Sumit, you need to create the ticket and escalate this to the product team to get this addressed ASAP. This broken feature is impacting your avid users who love OneNote. This issue is impacting my business significantly. I am close to finding a competitor since it's been too long to resolve this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments