First of all your quotes are insulting.
AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???
Few tools work well if you don’t learn to use them.
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." - Alexander Pope
Second of all, I went through all your suggestions and none of the items you refer to on your list proved to be evident.
Apparently v16.85.2 has not yet been released to the Current Channel.
Use Help> Check for Updates then click the Advanced button & select Current Channel (Preview) from the list of Update Channels. The 16.85.2 update then will be available.
You can revert to Current Channel
Nothing above worked.
Big help thanks, and I don't think the problem is mine, an entire school in Denmark uses Word on Mac and it is greatly interfering with exams. Have you read that thread? Thanks Microsoft word. I am begging to think this program and the software developers are idiots. Who knows, maybe it's Sonoma - made you people should put your heads together. After all we are all paying for this.
But as far as being an idiot, a simple procedure such as changing mm to inches does not stay. I am told to click on the 'save' button or the OK button but there is no such button. I return to my document and measurements are still in mm. So something is wrong with what you people are doing. A simple change such as that shouldn't be complicated. But then again, I'm the idiot.
Thanks
ps I did google insider program and found the page there, but it had nothing to do with your complicated instructions. Sorry if this appeared rude, but I have some serious writing in progress and I am fed up. I'm not sure if I will renew next year. Paying for a service that doesn't work for a month is not worth it. Microsoft makes millions, they should have people on this resolving the issue in a matter of days, for all us idiots, who, I repeat, are putting out hard earned cash.