A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Near as I can tell - we are. A quick search shows LOTS of this, much of it (like this post) going back years.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
"This file has been renamed. We recommend saving it now to get the new name." I X out of this message. Then I get an i in a blue circle and this message "We need you to save the file to finish renaming it. Add-ins and VBA might not work until you save. Save in a white box." I save and then exit. I then reopen the same file an X in a red circle and the message "UPLOAD BLOCKED We ran into a problem with this file and can't save any new changes. Please save a copy to avoid losing your work" with 2 options "Save a Copy" or "Discard Changes". I saved a copy with a different name and then reopen it and it's the same issue.
My version is up to date and it's called Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Near as I can tell - we are. A quick search shows LOTS of this, much of it (like this post) going back years.
But what is MSFT doing about it. I have abandoned OneDrive and am back to creating and saving files on my PC. The ONLY thing I allow on OneDrive is a backup, but I take belts and braces backup to hard drive. I have lost all confidence in MSFT and its ability to manage software.
I don't believe MSFT listen to anything the community raises.
Agreed. I've never had any issues with google drive and use it for anything I can where MS isn't required because of work or clients. I've now moved my One Drive back to thumb drive(s).
I am having the exact issues...so frustrating and I will check back with this thread. My husband is a computer programmer and never has seen such craziness.
Hi Kristine,
I think I may have found a work around. I now pause Onedrive at the start of the day and use the manual "Save As" option as I finish working on each Excel file. When I have finished at the end of the day I then cancel the pause option to synch my updated files. Its seems to be working at the moment. I have tried contacting Microsoft but they just don't seem interested.