Install Office 365 get error code: 30183-48(401)

Anonymous
2023-12-18T07:06:16+00:00

Hi:

I remove office by contrl panel and SaRA tool.

Reinstall office again but got this error code: 30183-48 (401)

Could you let me know what can I do for this ?

thank you.

Dylan.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T18:19:58+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue. I have been having problems with my outlook. Emails where staying in outbox way too long or not sending ( 1 example) so we decided it would be best to uninstall Microsoft 365 and then reinstall again. I get Error Cod 30183-48 (401) and then that screen goes away and another error code comes up and says we are sorry we had issues etc. Error Code 0-2031 (17002). I have restarted, uninstalled, followed suggestions from the Error codes and continually getting the same codes not letting me install it again.

    Very frustrating you can't talk to a live person.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T17:59:13+00:00

    I just tested all of my Office 365 apps after having gone through the uninstall, forced uninstall, and re-install (with the aforementioned error code). They all seem to be working. I expect that the issue is with the Setup program.

    I just checked (1000 on 12/20/2023) there are no additional updates so the fix has not been posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T17:40:06+00:00

    I have tried all of the above ideas; I was able to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 without issue.

    Then, when I try to load the Office Home and Business 2021 - it stalls out at 95% and provides the error code. Error code 30183-48 (401)

    I'm hoping they get this fixed soon....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T16:42:02+00:00

    I re-ran the office installer. I had a similar install experience as Matthew. The Office apps are now installed, with Teams. However, I still got the error messages as noted by several others. Anyway, all the office apps open, and I have both Outlook and New Outlook installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T16:31:07+00:00

    I have done some searching, this has to do with them taking Teams out of the Office install, and they need to fix it!

    Hint, for me it installed correctly up to the error. I just had to restart and install Teams manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments