Install Office 365 get error code: 30183-48(401)

Anonymous
2023-12-18T07:06:16+00:00

Hi:

I remove office by contrl panel and SaRA tool.

Reinstall office again but got this error code: 30183-48 (401)

Could you let me know what can I do for this ?

thank you.

Dylan.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T09:45:09+00:00

    Hi All,

    We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

    Considering that different uses from different tenants are experiencing the same Office issue with same error code, I'm afraid it could be a temporarily server-side issue which needs to be investigated and fixed from back end.

    I sincerely recommend you raise a support ticket from Microsoft 365 Admin Center to report this issue. The support team over there has higher permission and more resource to investigate issue from back end. The more reports they receive from different customers, the more likely they will be able to find something affecting users in common and fix it soon.

    Reference: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

    Note: To create a support ticket, you need to have Microsoft 365 admin privileges and if you aren’t admin of your Microsoft 365 organization, please contact the admin of creating a new ticket.

    How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support

    Apologies for redirecting you to the related team support as the moderators in this community have limited resources to check the backend information, and to get the fast and better assistance we requested for it.

    Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T01:01:52+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. Outlook kept crashing with the "We're sorry" message. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. This has occurred twice--deep into the install.

    We're dead in the water here. I cannot access email, Word, or Excel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T20:40:51+00:00

    Same issue. Error code 30183-48 (401)

    Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty, if this is significant. A group license.

    It was previously installed on my machine. A brand new machine. Windows 11. Had some problems with Outlook (couldn't set up a Gmail account). Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Now I can't install at all. Paused antivirus and firewall. Same issues. It gets to 95% and then gives the error message.

    Thanks for helping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T11:01:29+00:00

    Dear Dylan,

    Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    I'd like to help you, we can work together to narrow down and resolve the situation.

    For this error code, per my searching, it could be related to antivirus software, firewall, or proxy settings that are preventing you from installing Office.

    You may try to temporarily turn them off and then install Office again. For detailed steps, you may refer to this support article.

    Image

    You may also use SARA tool again to troubleshoot Office installation issue:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant-e90bb691-c2a7-4697-a94f-88836856c72f

    Image

    If issue still happens, I understand how frustrating this situation can be and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Let me help you further. I would appreciate if you could share following information:

    1.Could you share a screenshot of the full error message?

    2.May I know the name of your Microsoft 365 subscription? Is it Microsoft 365 Business Premium or Microsoft 365 Personal?

    I look forward to hearing from you; Please understand that our initial reply may not always immediately resolve the issue. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

    Thanks for your time and cooperation! We hope you have a nice day! Stay safe and healthy.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments