Install Office 365 get error code: 30183-48(401)

Anonymous
2023-12-18T07:06:16+00:00

Hi:

I remove office by contrl panel and SaRA tool.

Reinstall office again but got this error code: 30183-48 (401)

Could you let me know what can I do for this ?

thank you.

Dylan.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T17:40:06+00:00

    I have tried all of the above ideas; I was able to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 without issue.

    Then, when I try to load the Office Home and Business 2021 - it stalls out at 95% and provides the error code. Error code 30183-48 (401)

    I'm hoping they get this fixed soon....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T16:42:02+00:00

    I re-ran the office installer. I had a similar install experience as Matthew. The Office apps are now installed, with Teams. However, I still got the error messages as noted by several others. Anyway, all the office apps open, and I have both Outlook and New Outlook installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T16:31:07+00:00

    I have done some searching, this has to do with them taking Teams out of the Office install, and they need to fix it!

    Hint, for me it installed correctly up to the error. I just had to restart and install Teams manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T16:25:43+00:00

    Update. I downloaded the Microsoft office uninstall tool, uninstalled office, then downloaded the office installer. I ran the installer. The same issue and error message came up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T15:37:32+00:00

    Hi Dylan, are you sure that Office is not already install? Otherwise how could Excel and Outlook work, unless they are Office online! See if your Office is installed>Right click on the Start>Apps & Features>In the little search box type>Office (This will bring up any Office you have installed.

    Also at the top of the page make sure the Office App is from Microsoft Store

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments