Install Office 365 get error code: 30183-48(401)

Anonymous
2023-12-18T07:06:16+00:00

Hi:

I remove office by contrl panel and SaRA tool.

Reinstall office again but got this error code: 30183-48 (401)

Could you let me know what can I do for this ?

thank you.

Dylan.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T04:42:36+00:00

    Thanks for the info, I have tried all suggestions in this thread, with no luck.

    My old Outlook, Word, Excel versions still work - but slowly and load slowly ( hence why I tried to update my software and operating system )

    I will wait to see if they fix this glitch,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T04:39:54+00:00

    Getting the same error messages as noted in previous responses. Tried several times, with same error message. Internet connection checks out ok.

    I disabled proxy and anti virus as noted in prior responses.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T01:56:17+00:00

    Hi, RonBarker:

    Thank you for reply this. I disabled antivirus software, ping 8.8.8.8 and disable during install office.

    that ping works very well, no any package lose or disconnect. But still get this error.

    Please note:

    My outlook and excel still works, but Office 365 actually not install 100%.

    Dylan.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T00:50:46+00:00

    Update: I've been using Outlook all day and Word and Excel to some extent without issues other than version updates in Outlook that seem different. I had to reinstall the Outlook profile a couple of times to get it right, rebuild my favorites (the favorites folder disappeared until I reset the Navbar), and rebuild my quick steps and rules. After that, it was business as usual. In other words, despite the installer crashing near the end, the programs seem to be working.

    This has all the characteristics of a central server failure and a snafu in the last update that broke something. Perhaps this is because the Office Team and the Windows team don't always talk to each other--or they didn't in my day.

    I suspect there are a lot of engineers here in Redmond (Microsoft is in artillery range from my home), working 24/7 to figure this out, knowing that if they don't, they won't be opening presents on Monday. I'm just thankful that Outlook is working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T00:37:25+00:00

    Did anyone get a actual solution to this error code? I have restarted, uninstalled twice - same result - any help toward fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments