MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T21:53:09+00:00

    I have this month replaced my iPad for the latest version and reinstalled ToDo but it still crashes as it did on my previous version and does on my iPhone. The problem is with the programme as it still crashes even when it is the ONLY third party App installed. Microsoft please don’t make your usual excuses, get someone to fix it or you will start losing everyone as you did when you stripped Wunderlist of it’s functionality. You had one of the best list Apps but it crashes so often it is of little benefit if I have to save an item after every word so as not to lose it when it crashes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T07:42:32+00:00

    It seems many of us have almost identical issues. I had to delete the app from my macbook because it was stopping the machine working. On my newish ipad and newish iphone both w latest updates it just crashes constantly, usually after about 30 seconds. I can reopen it and carry on using it but it just does it again. I’ve used the app since Wunderlist and much of my life is stored in it. I use it to share tasks with family members on Android who have no issues with it. I cant change easily to another app. This has been going on for months now. Microsoft: please do something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T08:30:06+00:00

    It seems to me that Microsoft are doing again what they did after they stripped all the good bits out of Wuderlist when they bought it. They did nothing until people left in their droves and they then put back everything they initially took out. Todo is now becoming unworkable for me and I’m looking for ANY free alternative as it crashes on my iPhone after typing a couple of words. Hopefully more people follow my lead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T17:26:09+00:00

    I have been having the same problems as well.

    I have the 2022 iPad Pro 12.9”.

    Everything is up to date software-wise. The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled. Essentially I have tried all of Microsoft’s quick fixes.

    Clearly, this isn’t a user problem anymore. It is an issue with the app itself. Microsoft needs to look internally to fix the bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T18:56:53+00:00

    I had to delete the app a few times. I also had to log out of things on my device. I've wondered if this had to do with using multiple accounts? I now only use my work account with the app and it's worked fine for a few months now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments