MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-13T09:07:42+00:00

    Been having the same issue , on my iPhone 13, for months now.

    To do usually crashes within a few minutes after opening, regardless of what I do in the app, even when I just open the app and do nothing.

    Everything is up to date, I don’t have the issue on my desktop or iPad.

    I’ve been using To do from the Wunderlist times and really don’t want to switch but starting to see no other option. Please FIX THIS Microsoft.

    PS: just read Maniac2k’s answer, will try this approach when I find the time and report back here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T18:38:10+00:00

    Did you...

    • delete the app and its data on your iOS/iPadOS devices?
    • delete all not needed data on the server (i.e. completed tasks, old plans in Planner)?
    • restarted your iOS/iPadOS devices before reinstalling To Do?

    If you miss one of those measures, there's probably some data left that causes To Do to crash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T16:33:27+00:00

    Unfortunately app crashes again …. My happiness was a bit short :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T16:08:33+00:00

    Brilliant, I laughed out loud; now why couldn’t Microsoft come up with such a simple solution. They’ll probably offer you a job but unfortunately they don’t like people with a sense of humour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T15:55:29+00:00

    Hi, I have removed the entire app & data yesterday and since then no more crashes. Fingers crossed! G

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments