MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T22:55:40+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    Have tried all the standard suggestions including upgrading my phone!

    Still the same issue.

    I note people suggest deleting completed tasks but I need a record of what has been completed- or sometimes I might need to re open a task.

    It’s not really a solution.

    Come on Microsoft- at least let us know that this is on your radar!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T13:49:17+00:00

    Same - deleting tasks etc and then reintalling the mac desktop version seemed to be the trick. I also had noticed the fan spinning up immediately when the app was launched.

    Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T19:35:35+00:00

    Thank you so much for sharing your solution. I am trying it. Hopefully it works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T09:57:34+00:00

    I think that it is a well known issue everyone I know with an iPhone has the same issue. It happens with my iPhone and iPad and happens roughly every 2 minutes. I have to reopen it many times during every shopping trip. Have not experience this with android on only seen infrequent crashes on pc. I am very surprised that it has not been fixed or improved at all after many months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T21:35:58+00:00

    Thanks for the idea! It’s a real shame that nobody at Microsoft gives a hoot about this product – really puzzling.

    Question: I think I am inferring from your instructions that I’m only cleaning out all of my completed tasks. (I’ve been using a long time, so I’m sure there are thousands.) That means I wouldn’t be losing all of my planned/upcoming/repeating tasks ? They will download from the cloud once I’m done and install a completely fresh copy of the app? Do I have that correct?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments