Unwanted Buttons keep Getting Added to the quick access toolbar

Anonymous
2023-12-09T22:23:15+00:00

For some reason Access keeps adding, Save, Undo and Redo, to the quick access toolbar.

Any way to stop this behavior?

James

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-09T22:45:59+00:00

    Please elaborate. How do you go about removing these options in the first place? Have you tried repairing or reinstalling Access on your computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T23:38:03+00:00

    These aren't options. These are items in the quick access toolbar.

    And, I remove them the same way I would remove any quick access toolbar, by right clicking the item and selecting 'Remove from Quicke Access Toolbar.

    But, Save, Undo and Redo keep reappearing in the toolbar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Tom van Stiphout 40,216 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-10T00:29:37+00:00

    I am able to click the down icon to reveal the QAT options, and uncheck Save for example. Then after close and restart, Save is still removed. Is that what you are looking for?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-10T01:01:22+00:00

    Or one can right click the QAT and select remove.

    I remove them and after I close and reopen access they return.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-10T03:14:48+00:00

    Thank you. That's the way others do it too. But one of the things I've learned over the years is not to make assumptions about problems reported in the forums when the details are lacking.

    It sounds like your installation of Access is being restored to a default state each time you close it. Are you in a corporate environment where IT might be doing something like that for you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments