ERROR CODE :80192EE7. Your account was not setup in device because device management could not be enabled.

Anonymous
2024-03-19T06:25:56+00:00

We're in the process of configuring a computer with a Microsoft Business Premium account. The computer currently has an administrator account under ****@ugafco.aero. Now, I'm attempting to add another account to Microsoft 365 (Office), specifically ****@ugafcoaero.onmicrosoft.com, which was provided by the admin for Business Premium. However, we're encountering error code 80192EE7. How can we troubleshoot and resolve this issue?![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/03d933b9-4cac-49a7-a6ac-30992a96c348?platform=QnA

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/96637866-fc4c-466c-8b08-324f4fc5dd4c?platform=QnA

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-26T02:32:26+00:00

I called Microsoft and they told me it is a known issue Microsoft accidentally created when they deprecated and renamed WIP.

If you go into Azure and then type into the search 'wip' and select Mobility (MDM and WIP) and then click on Microsoft Intune

Under Windows Information Protection (WIP) user scope tick on the None radio button and then Save.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-20T03:19:34+00:00

No, that's fine, this error is apparently more broadly applicable than I thought. We must have it for different reasons, and I think in your case it was an isolated incident, as opposed to what's suddenly happening here, which seems to be any account on any machine.

It's pretty interesting what the audit log in Azure AD shows for any attempt: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Audit

This sequence, in rapid succession:

-Add device

-Add registered users to device

-Add registered owner to device

-Update device

-Register device

-Delete device

-Unregister device

So, amusingly, it adds it, changes its mind, removes it, and then throws the error in question. I was surprised to see that it gets that far.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T16:38:26+00:00

    In the same boat - for me it turned out that the device already existed in AAD (from previous testing) even though I'd factory reset it (AAD keeps some identifier). I deleted the stale AAD entry (I found it because I knew the machine's previous name), waited a (more than) a few minutes and try again. That worked.

    PS, when I deleted the stale entry from AAD and tried it immediately it failed again - I had to give it some time.

    The loop you mentioned stop happening.

    -Add device

    -Add registered users to device

    -Add registered owner to device

    -Update device

    -Register device

    -Delete device

    -Unregister device

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T16:57:16+00:00

    That's interesting. I assume you're talking about deleting it from All Devices: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Devices

    Were you only seeing the problem for that one device though? It seems to apply to everything for us, even brand-new machines that wouldn't have existed before under any name.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T17:19:41+00:00

    Correct, I meant deleting from https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Devices

    Keeping in mind, how I got to this error might be different from your journey.

    I assume you've already considered if these new machines were perhaps loaded into autopilot via some other process (like Dell, CDW, etc., doing it as a value add)

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments