ERROR CODE :80192EE7. Your account was not setup in device because device management could not be enabled.

Anonymous
2024-03-19T06:25:56+00:00

We're in the process of configuring a computer with a Microsoft Business Premium account. The computer currently has an administrator account under ****@ugafco.aero. Now, I'm attempting to add another account to Microsoft 365 (Office), specifically ****@ugafcoaero.onmicrosoft.com, which was provided by the admin for Business Premium. However, we're encountering error code 80192EE7. How can we troubleshoot and resolve this issue?![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/03d933b9-4cac-49a7-a6ac-30992a96c348?platform=QnA

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/96637866-fc4c-466c-8b08-324f4fc5dd4c?platform=QnA

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-26T02:32:26+00:00

I called Microsoft and they told me it is a known issue Microsoft accidentally created when they deprecated and renamed WIP.

If you go into Azure and then type into the search 'wip' and select Mobility (MDM and WIP) and then click on Microsoft Intune

Under Windows Information Protection (WIP) user scope tick on the None radio button and then Save.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-20T03:19:34+00:00

No, that's fine, this error is apparently more broadly applicable than I thought. We must have it for different reasons, and I think in your case it was an isolated incident, as opposed to what's suddenly happening here, which seems to be any account on any machine.

It's pretty interesting what the audit log in Azure AD shows for any attempt: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Audit

This sequence, in rapid succession:

-Add device

-Add registered users to device

-Add registered owner to device

-Update device

-Register device

-Delete device

-Unregister device

So, amusingly, it adds it, changes its mind, removes it, and then throws the error in question. I was surprised to see that it gets that far.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T12:50:31+00:00

    It's highly unlikely anything will be done about it.

    The "experts" will just copy and paste instructions on how to 'repair' office - Which is not related but makes them appear proactive. Sick of the expert MSP's that do this.

    The error, isn't a real error - Every PC I've setup for the last couple of years has had this "error" and Microsoft have done nothing but copy and paste WOT (Waste of Time) solutions.

    If you don't need the Entra ID then don't worry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T03:20:27+00:00

    Apart from my comment earlier about WIP being broken several months ago, I have found that removing a computer using these commands seems to allow the computer to rejoin correctly.

    Type these commands as an Administrator:

    dsregcmd /status

    This should say that there was an error communicating with Azure / EntraID. If it doesn't then this next step won't apply.

    dsregcmd /leave

    This tells Windows to fully remove the Azure / EntraID hooks into Windows.

    *** Reboot the machine ***

    dsregcmd /join

    This will force Windows to rejoin Azure / EntraID.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T10:33:40+00:00

    I was having this issue too. I read various conflicting things, like work accounts can not be added to the Home edition of Windows 11 etc. But this simply isn't true.

    I am the global admin for my tenant. I was getting this exact code. In my case, it was due to having previously used Intune to manage my organization's devices. The "Device Management" in Entra ID in connected to Mobile Device Management features, such as Intune. I downgraded my license after trialing Intune which no longer gave me the entitlement to use Intune features. However, the configuration and access to view some things in Intune was still there.

    I went to Intune Admin Center, Dashboard -> Devices | Overview -> Windows Enrollment

    Microsoft Intune - Microsoft Intune admin center

    And I saw a message stating:

    "Automatic MDM enrollment is available only for Microsoft Entra ID Premium subscribers."

    ...and...

    "The Intune app is enabled. Click here to reset the MDM and WIP scopes for Intune to None. It does not delete the Intune app itself. For other MDM apps, please select Delete to remove them from your tenant."

    There is a delete button which seems to disassociate Intune with the Device Registration service in Entra. I selected delete, which doesn't delete any Intune Configuration, only the linkage (MDM and WIP scopes), and my problem was solved. Account added successfully, 365 business apps working on my Win11 Home.

    Hope this works for some of you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments