ERROR CODE :80192EE7. Your account was not setup in device because device management could not be enabled.

Anonymous
2024-03-19T06:25:56+00:00

We're in the process of configuring a computer with a Microsoft Business Premium account. The computer currently has an administrator account under ****@ugafco.aero. Now, I'm attempting to add another account to Microsoft 365 (Office), specifically ****@ugafcoaero.onmicrosoft.com, which was provided by the admin for Business Premium. However, we're encountering error code 80192EE7. How can we troubleshoot and resolve this issue?![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/03d933b9-4cac-49a7-a6ac-30992a96c348?platform=QnA

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/96637866-fc4c-466c-8b08-324f4fc5dd4c?platform=QnA

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-26T02:32:26+00:00

I called Microsoft and they told me it is a known issue Microsoft accidentally created when they deprecated and renamed WIP.

If you go into Azure and then type into the search 'wip' and select Mobility (MDM and WIP) and then click on Microsoft Intune

Under Windows Information Protection (WIP) user scope tick on the None radio button and then Save.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-20T03:19:34+00:00

No, that's fine, this error is apparently more broadly applicable than I thought. We must have it for different reasons, and I think in your case it was an isolated incident, as opposed to what's suddenly happening here, which seems to be any account on any machine.

It's pretty interesting what the audit log in Azure AD shows for any attempt: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Audit

This sequence, in rapid succession:

-Add device

-Add registered users to device

-Add registered owner to device

-Update device

-Register device

-Delete device

-Unregister device

So, amusingly, it adds it, changes its mind, removes it, and then throws the error in question. I was surprised to see that it gets that far.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T14:02:30+00:00

    Having same issue, quite infuriating.

    I am just trying to AD Register a device, not AD Join or MDM enroll.

    I see same thing in audit logs:

    -Add device

    -Add registered users to device

    -Add registered owner to device

    -Update device

    -Register device

    -Delete device

    -Unregister device

    The only way I can get AD Registration within MDM to work is if I disable both MDM/MAM auto enrollment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T10:25:05+00:00

    I ran into the same issues described here. one of the solutions was to Setting WIP to NONE, but that resulted into the same behaviour and another error code CAA80000

    The thing is, the problem devices are Yealink Teams Room Windows IoT devices in a separate VLAN with internet access.

    They are not connected to our internal AD domain, but we need to onboard them in AzureAD/Intune/Defender to manage and secure them.

    We checked Conditional Access rules if they are preventing the onboarding, but the rules are not hit in these cases

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T16:36:17+00:00

    This error happened to me today after I tried to add new Win11Pro laptop during OOBE to Entra ID (AzureAD) join. Until recently it worked, now passwordless join via FIDO2 key filed without any meaningful error, during OOBE with "internet disconnected" and after making temporary local admin with generic error without any code. Using password + MS Authenticator MFA resulted in the 80192ee7 error.

    For some unknown reason something changed the settings in the MDM settings. Comment by Pete S from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1623417/error-code-80192ee7-your-account-was-not-setup-in helped me resolve the issue:

    As global admin Go to portal.azure.com > Microsoft Entra ID > Mobility (MDM and WIP) > Microsoft Intune

    (https://entra.microsoft.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/MdmConfiguration.ReactView/appName/Microsoft%20Intune/appId/0000000a-0000-0000-c000-000000000000)

    I reset the MDM and WIP urls to default and set "Windows Information Protection (WIP) user scope" to "None", the same for MDM user scope. We are not having InTune nor EntraID premium licenses and use only EntraID join of W10 and W11 Pro laptops to get rid of local Windows accounts and simplify onboarding for new people so that they are auto-signed in to Edge, desktop Office, Teams and Onedrive sync client without re-entering password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments