ERROR CODE :80192EE7. Your account was not setup in device because device management could not be enabled.

Anonymous
2024-03-19T06:25:56+00:00

We're in the process of configuring a computer with a Microsoft Business Premium account. The computer currently has an administrator account under ****@ugafco.aero. Now, I'm attempting to add another account to Microsoft 365 (Office), specifically ****@ugafcoaero.onmicrosoft.com, which was provided by the admin for Business Premium. However, we're encountering error code 80192EE7. How can we troubleshoot and resolve this issue?![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/03d933b9-4cac-49a7-a6ac-30992a96c348?platform=QnA

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/96637866-fc4c-466c-8b08-324f4fc5dd4c?platform=QnA

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-26T02:32:26+00:00

I called Microsoft and they told me it is a known issue Microsoft accidentally created when they deprecated and renamed WIP.

If you go into Azure and then type into the search 'wip' and select Mobility (MDM and WIP) and then click on Microsoft Intune

Under Windows Information Protection (WIP) user scope tick on the None radio button and then Save.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-20T03:19:34+00:00

No, that's fine, this error is apparently more broadly applicable than I thought. We must have it for different reasons, and I think in your case it was an isolated incident, as opposed to what's suddenly happening here, which seems to be any account on any machine.

It's pretty interesting what the audit log in Azure AD shows for any attempt: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Audit

This sequence, in rapid succession:

-Add device

-Add registered users to device

-Add registered owner to device

-Update device

-Register device

-Delete device

-Unregister device

So, amusingly, it adds it, changes its mind, removes it, and then throws the error in question. I was surprised to see that it gets that far.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T11:53:04+00:00

    I solved this problem by logging into Azure > searched for WIP > Microsoft Intune and chose "None" for both MDM User scope and WIP user scope.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T20:31:30+00:00

    Thanks that worked for us as well. Let's see when Microsoft will fix the problem, so that WIP is available again.

    Glad that I could help :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T14:20:37+00:00

    It looks like that using a business premium licensed user to join the device fixes the problem for us.

    However I definitely have other tenants on which using unlicensed users to join the device works just fine.

    See also this question

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments