ERROR CODE :80192EE7. Your account was not setup in device because device management could not be enabled.

Anonymous
2024-03-19T06:25:56+00:00

We're in the process of configuring a computer with a Microsoft Business Premium account. The computer currently has an administrator account under ****@ugafco.aero. Now, I'm attempting to add another account to Microsoft 365 (Office), specifically ****@ugafcoaero.onmicrosoft.com, which was provided by the admin for Business Premium. However, we're encountering error code 80192EE7. How can we troubleshoot and resolve this issue?![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/03d933b9-4cac-49a7-a6ac-30992a96c348?platform=QnA

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/96637866-fc4c-466c-8b08-324f4fc5dd4c?platform=QnA

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-26T02:32:26+00:00

I called Microsoft and they told me it is a known issue Microsoft accidentally created when they deprecated and renamed WIP.

If you go into Azure and then type into the search 'wip' and select Mobility (MDM and WIP) and then click on Microsoft Intune

Under Windows Information Protection (WIP) user scope tick on the None radio button and then Save.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-20T03:19:34+00:00

No, that's fine, this error is apparently more broadly applicable than I thought. We must have it for different reasons, and I think in your case it was an isolated incident, as opposed to what's suddenly happening here, which seems to be any account on any machine.

It's pretty interesting what the audit log in Azure AD shows for any attempt: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_Devices/DevicesMenuBlade/~/Audit

This sequence, in rapid succession:

-Add device

-Add registered users to device

-Add registered owner to device

-Update device

-Register device

-Delete device

-Unregister device

So, amusingly, it adds it, changes its mind, removes it, and then throws the error in question. I was surprised to see that it gets that far.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T16:17:35+00:00

    Got it. Based on the couple anecdotes which have come out of support about this issue, I expect that it will be temporary and that you'll be able to do that again at some point, though perhaps in a different way than before. Deprecating WIP is one thing but they usually don't do things like that without offering a path forward for some facsimile of what you had before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T15:09:17+00:00

    Which I assume means having both sections of the dialog we're talking about on "None"?

    Correct. But, I used to have it set to "Some", with only admins being able to MDM enroll devices. So, users USED to be able to AD Register their personal devices, but not MDM enroll. Now, they can't even register their devices unless MDM enrollment is turned off entirely, even for the admin group.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T14:52:35+00:00

    The only way I can get AD Registration within MDM to work is if I disable both MDM/MAM auto enrollment.

    Which I assume means having both sections of the dialog we're talking about on "None"? That's expected and also how we have it set now. That doesn't mean nothing happens,. Before all this started, we had both on All but the fields were also blank (no URLs), which isn't a valid state that you can even set now. It must have been that way from many years back when it was allowed for some reason. Not that I had any idea why it was on All as opposed to None.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments