Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL Crashing Excel

Anonymous
2024-01-04T17:06:22+00:00

This has been happening over and over again.... causing a considerable waste of valuable time:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.17029.20108, time stamp: 0x657123fc

Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x649f24f9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1a68

Faulting process id: 0x18fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01da3f2dcece709a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA7.1\VBE7.DLL

Report Id: 363bb56e-f4df-4eb0-9249-64123963d735

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Will Microsoft EVER fix this ?

Cheers,

Ed

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T01:17:45+00:00

    If we are able to come up with a solution i will be happy to share for now we have written a small script run a repair and save on the files which lets them run for a day or two before they crash again. But thankfully none of our data gets messed up its just the vba compiler doesnt compile correctly and causes the crash from what i can see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T17:02:15+00:00

    I would like to share this very nice graph showing Excel hangs almost daily.

    This graph was produced by Windows Security and Maintenance/Reliability Monitor, in Control Panel.

    Since I have been restricted by Microsoft to post in their Feedback website, I will continue sharing info about this never ending problem, ( Excel hang and crash) here.

    Next is a list of the past 42 Excel CRASHES as recorded in Event Viewer:

    As you can see, something is VERY WRONG with Excel.

    Where else can I share this info to try to get MS's attention?

    Cheers,

    Ed

    PS: I am not doing this for fun. I am working on a paid by customer project. This level of unreliability is UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T18:45:32+00:00

    This issue still exists in build 17231.20194

    A reddit thread mentions that build 16924.20180 does not have this issue. I will try reverting to the older office 365 build and reply here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T21:30:43+00:00

    Yes !!! please let us know !!!

    In the meantime, another Excel CRASH. Now 43 and counting.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T21:43:03+00:00

    Now, ANOTHER Excel HANG, 5 today, so far.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments