A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
We are experiencing the same issue it happens randomly and crashes excel immediately.
Same here...At least I am not alone :)
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This has been happening over and over again.... causing a considerable waste of valuable time:
Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.17029.20108, time stamp: 0x657123fc
Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x649f24f9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1a68
Faulting process id: 0x18fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01da3f2dcece709a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA7.1\VBE7.DLL
Report Id: 363bb56e-f4df-4eb0-9249-64123963d735
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Will Microsoft EVER fix this ?
Cheers,
Ed
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
We are experiencing the same issue it happens randomly and crashes excel immediately.
Same here...At least I am not alone :)
Hello !!!
No, I have not been able to determine the exact point/case that causes Excel to crash.
Things I have "related" to the crash are the following:
TABLEXYZ.DataBodyRange.Delete
An error is raised, which is normal and acceptable. Since I have "Stop on All Errors" enabled, execution stops even if you have:
On Error Resume Next
TABLEXYZ.DataBodyRange.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Once execution stops, the next thing I do is save the workbook and exit from Excel.
The next time I try to open the workbook in "safe mode", Excel "tries" to open the workbook but does not complete opening it. It just "returns" to Windows Explorer and when this happens, I open the Event Viewer and I find the Application Error event which is the Excel crash.
Please let me know if the above relates to your problem.
Cheers,
Ed
Please read my latest reply and let us know if it relates to your problem.
Cheers,
Ed
While we do not use tables in our files it seems to be an issue with the VBA compiler we are able to repair the file and it will open again but even basic code that is maybe 20 lines long will still crash when there is clearly no errors in it. Our organization will be meeting with Microsoft as we are a fairly large customer to see if we can get a resolution.
WOW !!!
It is very nice to read about the fact that MS will know directly from you that Excel is crashing. I hope MS looks at it and implements a solution. Could you please share with us whatever you can about this issue, meaning, non-confidential info?
When it comes to software issues, I know it is very difficult for a company like MS to commit to target dates and deliverables, etc.
But at least, to be able to know that they acknowledged the problem and will eventually develop a solution, would be nice to know.
Another person that responded to this issue here, suggested me to use the "MS feedback" website to post info about Excel crashing. I was able to post 5-6 crashes, and now I am unable to post again. Apparently MS blocked my UserId and/or email account.
I have access to the feedback site but cannot post.
Thank you for your response.
Best wishes,
Ed